"Hazen Price Rotary Scholarship"
This scholarship is awarded annually to a graduating high school student who excels in a field of science (see eligible fields) as well as contributes to the overall wellness of their high school community or the Town.
The award is named in honour of long time Amherstburg Rotarian, Hazen Price. Hazen joined the club in November 1948 and has been an active member ever since. Hazen attended the University of Michigan where he earned his master’s degree in both Chemistry and Botany. He used these degrees to assist him in operating a farm in Essex County.
After graduation, Hazen not only worked his farm but was also a supply teacher in Chemistry for General Amherst High School. During his time with Rotary, Hazen has been instrumental in heritage preservation of the Park House as well as being instrumental in creating what we now know as the Gibson Gallery.
Amount of Scholarship
The Rotary Club of Amherstburg will award 1 prize of $2,000.00 annually to the graduating high school student who best exemplifies Hazen’s commitment to community service while maintaining high standards in education.
· Must be an Amherstburg resident
· Must be graduating from high school in the year of applying for scholarship
· Must be pursuing post-secondary education – registered and accepted into a Canadian university or college.
· Must have a minimum of 85% in 2 of the 3 scientific subjects below:
· Must have volunteered at least 50 hours during school events or volunteered for Town events/activities.
· Must submit a 500 word minimum essay on how this scholarship will help the applicant achieve her/his post-secondary goals, taking into account her/his post-education career goals.
The completed application must be submitted to the Rotary Club of Amherstburg by May 1st of the year the applicant is graduating high school.
Full application along with 500 word essay must be submitted by noon on May 1st to the Rotary Club of Amherstburg’s address (if mailed).
Email submissions are also accepted.
Please email completed applications to email@example.com
or mail to:
Rotary Club of Amherstburg
P.O. Box 183
Amherstburg ON N9V 2Z4
Copyright Rotary Club Of Amherstburg. All rights reserved.